Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to more than 900 facilities in 48 states. Envision Physician Services brings together EmCare and Sheridan Healthcare as one organization, allowing us to provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician service group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career. We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Director Provider Enrollment
based out of our offices in Raleigh, NC. Your strong leadership and technical skills in addition to your change management experience in a high volume, multi-state environment are all required for this influential role on our team. Leverage your deep understanding of Provider Enrollment to creatively shape and innovate the future of our Provider Enrollment maintenance activities!
Responsibilities The Director Provider Enrollment
is responsible for the daily operation of the Provider Enrollment Department. This role directs the management team and staff in the provider enrollment process, ensuring that provider enrollment numbers are obtained enabling the company to bill provider charges in a timely manner and ensure clinicians have the ability to order, refer and prescribe as necessary. Primary responsibilities include personnel leadership, provider enrollment technical proficiency, effective and professional communication, disciplined execution of strategic initiatives, and relationship management. Responsibilities:
- Ensure that Managers administer assignments, monitor goals, and validate that tasks are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Utilize critical thinking to proactively identify and resolve issues and proactively share best practices with colleagues.
- Provide executive summaries of issues, identifying root causes. Develop and implement mitigation and remediation strategies.
- Manage issues to closure by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and execute enrollment strategies, bringing in additional support and expertise as necessary.
- Develop horizontal and vertical relationships with colleagues, vendors, and payers to ensure organizational enrollment expectations are being met. Collaborate with peers and business partners to achieve standardization in provider enrollment processes.
- Ensure that new business, mergers & acquisitions are managed effectively related to Enrollment.
- Lead and/or contribute to various enrollment standardization and/or process improvement initiatives, assembling cross functional teams as needed to improve processes.
- Contribute to organizational strategic planning as it pertains to achieving provider enrollment goals.
- Maintain and manage the enrollment process enable the obtainment of provider numbers in a timely fashion.
- Provide on-going training and development opportunities in addition to coaching and feedback to staff members.
- Facilitate an atmosphere that fosters teamwork.
- Delegate to staff members utilizing situational leadership skills to ensure expectations are outlined, and that support is available and provided to ensure staff is set up for success.
- Monitor and manage labor costs, inventory levels and production planning for designated departments. Optimize productivity while avoiding unnecessary costs such as excess overtime.
- Forecast and anticipate other operating expense needs (e.g., travel, training, and consulting). Make recommendations and justifications regarding operating and capital expenses.
- Participate in and apply learning from professional and technical educational offerings.
- Onboard and orient new leaders and staff members
- Plan and conduct performance appraisals and talent assessments of staff, recommend merits, bonuses and promotions, and administer corrective actions when necessary.
- Adhere to and comply with information systems security. Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to travel up to 25%.
- Provider enrollment maintenance experience in a high volume, multi-state enterprise.
- Strong knowledge of the rules/regulations of Medicare/Medicaid and other government payors, as well as commercial insurers and specialty contracts to ensure accurate and timely billing and payment of claims.
- Solid understanding of medical insurance industry terminology.
- In depth experience with payor-specific requirements and guidelines for the Enrollment department.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, and other critical governmental regulations.
- Possess strong management principles.
- Communicate effectively, (both orally and in writing) in English.
- Able to convey thoughts in a well-organized, concise manner and consistently employ appropriate grammar and punctuation in written documents.
- Must perform in a consistently-organized manner with strong attention to detail.
- Affiliation, membership and /or regular attendance and participation in professional organizations related to Provider Enrollment is preferred.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to travel up to 25% as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year College or University in Business Administration or Healthcare and 5+ years’ experience in provider enrollment and/or revenue cycle management in a healthcare leadership position; preferably with a multi-specialty, national health care provider; or equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- Practice Management software certifications, lean process improvement, Leadership training (i.e.-situational leadership), Provider Enrollment Specialist Certificate (PESC) preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Enrollment, Practice Management, or Revenue Cycle Management software
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes full Medical, Dental and Vision benefits effective on your first day of employment, a company matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, company paid Life Insurance and Long-term Disability, as well as generous PTO and Paid Holidays If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts!
We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visitwww.dhs.gov/E-Verify Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-CP1
Internal ID: 2020-22708
Location/Region: Raleigh, NC