Lockton is a global professional services firm with 6,500 Associates who advise clients on protecting their people, property and reputations. Lockton has grown to become the world’s largest privately held, independent insurance broker by helping clients achieve their business objectives.
Business Insurance has recognized Lockton as one of the "Best Place to Work in Insurance." foreight years running. We think you’ll agree! A few of the reasons Associates love working at Lockton include:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement, including paid training and professional development
- 12-week paid parental leave
- A huge emphasis on community involvement –Associates are encouraged to support and volunteer for their favorite charities
- Frequent athletic and wellness events
- Social and teambuilding opportunities like happy hours and other celebrations
- Incredibly generous rewards; US Associates receive a Rolex for their 10 year anniversary!
The Senior Account Manager is one of the primary business contacts for Clients and is responsible for possessing and applying knowledge of industry trends and related regulations in the course of servicing Clients’ accounts in an innovative and efficient manner. This position shall also develop and maintain favorable internal and external relationships, with the end goal of providing the highest level of customer service by meeting or exceeding industry standards.
- Oversees the servicing of a designated book of business as relating to marketing, claims, and administration
- Researches an issues’ root cause, implements, and resolves policy-related issues
- Recommends potential enhancements or improvements to processes, products, and/or policies
- Uses discretion and independent judgment when analyzing industry trends and providing related Client guidance.
- Develops financial models and reports for Client and more senior staff, provides interpretation and implication of analysis, as well as recommendations
- Provides expertise in strategic planning and consultative advice to clients, including the production, analysis, and recommendations for changes to coverage plans
- Engages in Client strategy meetings to manage insured expectations for upcoming term
- Develops and presents coverage plan and renewal terms to Client
- Assesses and interprets exposure information from the Client
- Analyzes quotes from carriers to determine appropriate recommendations
- Interprets and evaluates policy terms to ensure adequate coverage for Client’s identified exposures
- Facilitates Client premium financing
- Participates in negotiations with carriers for new and renewal quotes
- Collaborates with senior staff in selecting new markets for submission and requesting quotes
- Reviews new business opportunity information and provides related recommendations to Unit Manager/Account Executive
- Establishes and maintains relationships and interfaces with Clients, carriers, and other vendors
- Researches and understands industry trends and government regulations
- Mentors and trains junior-level staff
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as needed
- Time Management and Organization: Uses a range of skills, tools, and techniques to manage time when accomplishing specific tasks, projects and goals; this includes planning, allocating, setting goals, delegation, analysis of time spent, monitoring, organizing, scheduling, and prioritizing
- Professionalism: Conducts oneself in a polite and respectful manner and demonstrates good judgment when dealing with internal and external clients
- Client Focus: Practices Lockton’s motto, “We Live Service,” while serving Clients’ needs, nurturing effective Client relationships, and contributing to the overall success and satisfaction of Lockton
- Reliability: Completes tasks and job functions on time, while meeting or exceeding expectations; carries a trusted reputation for dependability, honesty, consistency, and commitment.
- Communication: Expresses ideas clearly, listens effectively, shares information appropriately, demonstrates interpersonal skills, and resolves conflict as needed
- Industry Knowledge: Stays current on issues impacting the industry by maintaining expertise in functional area
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and/or years of experience equivalent
- Typically more than 7 years of Client services experience is required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills required
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge and experience within brokerage industry
- Understands industry trends and governmental regulations
- Ability to complete continuing education requirements as needed
- Ability to attend company, department, and team meetings as required, including industry training sessions
- Ability to comply with all company policies and procedures, proactively protecting confidentiality of Client and company information
- Ability to efficiently organize work and manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel by automobile and aircraft
- Ability to use office equipment such as a computer, keyboard, calculator, photocopier, and facsimile machine
- Ability to work on a computer for a prolonged amount of time
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours as needed
- Legally able to work in the United States
Lockton Companies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health and dental coverage, which begins on your first day of work, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, a competitive vacation plan and unrivaled career advancement opportunities.
Lockton is known throughout the insurance industry as an entrepreneurial, progressive and successful insurance broker. As a result of continued individual and group accomplishments, Lockton has a record of steady and substantial growth. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, Lockton is interested in hearing from you.
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE** Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.