Lockton is a global professional services firm with 6,500 Associates who advise clients on protecting their people, property and reputations. Lockton has grown to become the world’s largest privately held, independent insurance broker by helping clients achieve their business objectives.
Business Insurance has recognized Lockton as one of the "Best Place to Work in Insurance." foreight years running. We think you’ll agree! A few of the reasons Associates love working at Lockton include:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement, including paid training and professional development
- 12-week paid parental leave
- A huge emphasis on community involvement –Associates are encouraged to support and volunteer for their favorite charities
- Frequent athletic and wellness events
- Social and teambuilding opportunities like happy hours and other celebrations
- Incredibly generous rewards; US Associates receive a Rolex for their 10 year anniversary!
TheRisk Control ServicesAssistant will function in a support role by performing a variety of technical and administrative duties in support of Risk Control Services team members.
- Receive claim information from Lockton clients, claimants, associates, and insurance carriers; verify current insurance coverage.
- Report claim information accurately and promptly to the appropriate insurance carrier on behalf of Lockton clients via mail, fax, or telephone. Create Accord reports within the Nexsure system.
- Enter diary updates for follow-up by Claims team members. Check the status of claims at appropriate diary dates and rediary as appropriate.
- Order and receive loss run reports for Claims team members.Sort and mail loss run reports to clients and internal team members.
- Field questions and act on requests from clients, Commercial Insurance Department, and other Claims Department associates concerning status of claims.
- Develop a working knowledge of insurance carrier claim management systems and access carrier claims information.
- Work with Claims team members to prepare and present claim narratives and claim reviews for clients as requested and/or needed.
- Prepare written correspondence, analyses, reports, and memos as requested and/or needed.
- Prepare, complete, and assemble client claims manuals and verify information is correct.
- Run property valuation models using Marshall and Swift (or similar) software.
- Develop client portfolio maps.
- Compile and distribute technical bulletins and monthly client newsletters.
- Analyze and compile client loss history information and other data. Perform technical research as requested.
- Coordinate intra-office loss control duties and functions.
- Provide switchboard and reception backup support for the Client Service Attendants.
Bachelor’s degree in a business-related program or equivalent education and/or experience preferred.
- Previous administrative experience preferred.
- Property and casualty claims experience a plus.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPointrequired. Knowledge of CorelDraw a plus.
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads to meet time sensitive deadlines required. Must be results-oriented with the ability to change priorities as needed.
- Must have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to interact with associates at all levels of responsibility, along with the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability/willingness to interact with clients and insurance carriers on a professional level to address issues that produce optimum results in a timely manner.
- Strong attention to detail required
Lockton Companies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health and dental coverage, which begins on your first day of work, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, a competitive vacation plan and unrivaled career advancement opportunities.
More than 6,000 professionals at Lockton provide 50,000 clients around the world with risk management, insurance, employee benefits consulting, and retirement services that improve their businesses. From its founding in 1966 in Kansas City, Missouri, Lockton has attracted entrepreneurial professionals who have driven its growth to become the largest privately held, independent insurance broker in the world and 9th largest overall. For eight consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognized Lockton as a "Best Place to Work in Insurance." To see the latest insights from Lockton’s experts, check Lockton Market Update.
Lockton is known throughout the insurance industry as an entrepreneurial, progressive and successful insurance broker. As a result of continued individual and group accomplishments, Lockton has a record of steady and substantial growth. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, Lockton is interested in hearing from you.
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE** Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.