Two powerhouse companies, Peak 10 and ViaWest, have combined to become one of the country’s largest Hybrid IT providers specializing in colocation, interconnection, cloud, managed solutions and professional services. Each company has built a reputation for delivering legendary service and support to our customers. Due to our progressive growth, we are seeking a Business Development Executive (BDE) in Raleigh, NC.
General Description The Peak 10 + ViaWest Business Development Executive (BDE) is an outside sales role responsible for both a geographic market as well as for an assigned prospect list. The BDE will be responsible and accountable for driving sales of net new logo business with a focus on prospecting, lead generation and channel partner development. The BDE will represent all of Peak 10 + ViaWest products and services to prospective clients. The prospects will include medium to large companies across all industry segments. The BDE will be responsible for prospecting into his/her defined territory/account list, qualifying opportunities, designing solutions to help solve business problems, pricing, negotiating and closing business. Lastly, the BDE will be responsible for providing input to the business regarding prospects’ needs and market/competitive trends.
- Consistently achieve targeted sales quota
- Prospect, qualify and close technical solution sales
- Manage CRM - Pipeline
- Maintain 6-8 appointments weekly in various phases of the sales cycle
- Develop customer presentations and participate in customer meetings
- Develop clear, specific, action-oriented account plans to develop prospects
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 5 years solution selling in the technology industry.
- Follows a methodical sales process. Uses tools (evaluation plans, VIP letters, and access to power).
- Hosting solution sales (colocation, managed services and professional services) experience required
- Effective user of internal and external resources (SE’s, execs, SME’s, integrated partners, etc).
- Proven track record of successful selling experience
- Ability to call on C-Level executives
- Strong contact and networking base
- Excellent listening, writing & presentation skills
- Sense of urgency and strong work ethic. Self motivated. Accountable to forecast and quota