EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
At NoveList, we believe that books and libraries have the power to transform lives. We develop innovative solutions for libraries that support them in helping readers and engaging their communities. We also work with other library organizations to maximize the value of NoveList through collaborative partnerships.
We’re looking for a Partner Development Consultant to work cross-functionally to scale our partner marketing and sales program and continue to build a strong customer base both internally and externally. This role would be ideal for a current/former librarian (or someone with experience in libraries), who is passionate about libraries but also has an interest in working outside a traditional library setting. In this role, you’ll join a small team to help maximize our strategies for partner products.
Since this position is about building relationships, we’re looking for a collaborative team player. You’ll be based in our office located in Durham NC, but working every day with external partners, internal teams, and other librarians around the world. This will be a rewarding job for someone who is passionate about libraries and reading, and has excellent communication skills. The best candidate for this position will be excited to hit the ground running and help us expand our efforts, both immediately and in the long-term.
- Maintain collaborative, ongoing relationships with partners, including regular check-ins, meetings, and goal-setting. You’ll need to be enthusiastic and articulate so that you can effectively advise others on how NoveList products meet their needs.
- Develop plans for maximizing our partner products, including maximizing revenue and co-marketing opportunities. You’ll need to accomplish this with and through others, so you’ll need to be a strategic thinker, highly organized, and demonstrate good follow-through skills.
- Introduce NoveList to potential partners and customers, communicating the passion and the expertise that goes into our products. This will be accomplished through written and verbal communications, both online and in person. You’ll need a warm, welcoming personality, excellent interpersonal skills, and a knack for explaining complex ideas in a straightforward way.
- Work with product managers to identify and build integrations and products that align with company goals. You’ll need to be both analytical and creative about envisioning new ideas.
- Follow up with partners and customers, answering their questions. You’ll need to be detail-oriented and appreciative of the value of excellent record-keeping.
- Provide feedback to product development teams on potential enhancements. You’ll need to be able to listen and translate both partner and customer needs.
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Outside Sales, Communications, Marketing Communications, Marketing Consultant, Consulting, Sales, Marketing, Service Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Durham, NC (US)