EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
This individual builds and articulates the strategy and associated new feature requirements that help define a strong sales positioning and competitive advantage for an assigned portion of the NoveList product portfolio. NoveList develops innovative solutions that connect readers, books, and public libraries, and this person will help shape a portfolio of products to fulfill that mission. As part of the Product Management team, this Product Manager bridges technical and business worlds and influences the best outcomes for the business by working closely with our customers and partners, collaborating closely and thoroughly with Tech (systems engineers), Sales, Marketing, Content, Operations, and Customer Support to ensure alignment across the organization. This Product Manager has a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
- Define and maintain the product vision and roadmap for the assigned portion of the NoveList portfolio.
- Coordinate with other NoveList Product Managers and the NoveList Senior Management Team to ensure that product roadmap is in sync with the full NoveList portfolio needs, strategy and long range plan.
- Manage the full product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, communicating to/with key stakeholders as needed.
- Assess market trends, gather customer data and provide competitive analysis for defined product family.
- Participate in qualitative and quantitative research as necessary to successfully develop and refine product line.
- Regularly meet with/talk to customers about their issues/problems and ways that those problems can be addressed.
- Represent and participate in trade shows and conferences as needed.
- Work with product management team on presentations to customers, industry groups, advisory board meetings and other forums as necessary to support and acquire input for product(s).
- Facilitate cross product promotion between all products in the NoveList portfolio.
- Provide guidance and coaching as applicable to ensure that prioritized Features meet the criteria of “ready” for the Development team.
- Write Idea Docs and/or Light Weight Business Cases (LWBC) as needed to move the product along the roadmap.
- Meet with Sales/Marketing team, Book Discovery team and other Product Managers as needed to flesh out LWBCs, Epics and Features needed to implement the roadmap.
- Write Epics/Features for product per defined specs to be considered for program increment planning processes, working with and communicating with key stakeholder groups (Tech, Sales, Marketing, Book Discovery, Customer Support) as needed.
- Maintain the Feature backlog ensuring the Features are prioritized and ready to pull.
- Review, prioritize and manage service issues associated with product(s), ensuring that critical service issues are effectively and expeditiously addressed as needed.
- Support sales, marketing and customer support staff as required for product success and to enhance the market value of the new and existing product(s).
- Plan projects, organize work flow, coordinate related activities with different departments as needed.
- Maintain Rally at the Epic and Feature level for assigned products and provide oversight for Epics and Features from a NoveList portfolio perspective.
- Demonstrate the flexibility needed to adapt to new tasks and initiatives as they become evident and necessary, due to evolving and growing needs at EBSCO
- BA/BS or greater in a related technology field (BS Computer Science, MLS – Information Technology, etc.), or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in operational workflow of database management, project management and/or product management processes
- Ability to travel
- MLS or other relevant master’s degree
- Experience working with library information products/services
- Experience with Agile and SAFe
- Detailed oriented, organized, creative thinker, problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical abilities, including market research and assessment skills
- Able to think both strategically and tactically
- Exposure to or experience with Readers’ Advisory
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Durham Nearest Secondary Market:
Raleigh Job Segment:
Computer Science, Product Manager, Marketing Manager, Manager, Marketing, Technology, Operations, Management Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Durham, NC (US)