A growing 501(c)(3) non-profit based in Asheville, NC, TABS serves roughly 250 university-prep boarding schools in the United States, Canada, and globally. The Association leads a domestic and international effort to promote awareness and understanding of boarding schools and to expand the applicant pool for member institutions. TABS is also the one-stop, indispensable resource for educators seeking training, research, guidance, and support on all issues pertaining to the boarding school experience. In addition, TABS is the voice for independent boarding schools, their historical contributions, and the benefits of living and learning in an academic community.
Among its current projects, the association has recently launched a comprehensive, five-year outreach and advocacy campaign in the U.S. and Canada. As well, the association has incorporated a subsidiary, TABS Insurance, Inc., to offer tuition insurance protection to interested member schools in the United States.
For more information about the association, visit www.TABS.org
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant & Receptionist
DEPARTMENT: TABS Administration
REPORTS TO: VP, Finance & Operations
STATUS: Non-Exempt; Hourly
Purpose Statement: The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist will assist the TABS operations through supporting each of the programs and initiatives. This position supports TABS operations in all aspects of administrative duties, including reception and support as well as working on inter-departmental functions and assisting with any special projects.
Scope: This position supports the functions of TABS staff and works with each of the departments.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
- Greets visitors to TABS, accepts deliveries, signs for packages and distributes mail.
- Answers phones, directs calls to the right person and supports program through answering questions and providing relevant details to those calling TABS with questions.
- Handle maintenance requests and coordinate with building management for facilities requests.
- Orders office supplies.
- Assists with packaging, mailing, labels and other similar projects
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Check the consumer voice mail and email daily, personally managing routine messages, and directing non-routine messages to appropriate specialist.
- Outreach and follow up to members and sponsors
- Access and manage data sources, lists, and reporting
- Arrange travel and appointments in support of program leads
- Uncompromising integrity and professionalism.
- Positive spirit is key.
- Detail oriented – proofreading and fact checking on a tight deadline
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for relating effectively with others.
- Excellent computer skills in a primarily Mac-based environment.
- Excellent phone skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particular Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Database experience and familiarity with Quickbooks
- Flexible with good time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to be trusted with confidential information.
- Ability to prioritize.
- College degree not required, but preferred.
Monday-Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
This position receives three weeks of vacation;
This position is required to maintain and submit accurate timesheets for recording in the payroll system.