New York Air Brake
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
As an innovative leader, New York Air Brake has been serving the rail industry since 1890. Through the years, our basic philosophy has reflected a deep respect for the customer, and a commitment to providing quality products at a cost-effective price. New York Air Brake's participation in ISO 9001, and our corresponding certification, echoes a company-wide spirit. From management, to administration, to engineering, to the production floor, quality is an ever-present compass.
We have made significant capital investments in new facilities, machining centers, and test equipment, while increasing efficiency by utilizing highly focused teams in our manufacturing processes.
We are seeking an AME to join a world class manufacturing company focusing on the implementation of the our lean methodology called Knorr Production System (KPS).
- Train the NYAB team on the tools and techniques of Lean Manufacturing, and incorporate it into the culture.
- Establish standard work practices, and baselines for productivity.
- Develop and implement improvements to the sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related matters.
- Provide leadership on cost reduction activities.
- Improve ergonomics and safety.
- Offer technical leadership on new processes and equipment.
- Justify and procure equipment and other capital improvements to maintain a world class position for all NYAB locations.
- Negotiate with vendors and contractors to acquire products and services cost effectively.
- Assist with planning of current and future capital budgets.
- Design production tooling, fixtures, and equipment.
- Stay current on lean applications and theories.
- Lean Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Methods and Routing
- Design of tools, fixtures and equipment
- Machining processes and applications
- Cell design and material flow
- Managing & Improving Processes
2-5+ years of experience in a comparable role
Education: Bachelors Degree in Engineering
Degree Field: Engineering - Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, ProductionLean leadership, Six Sigma, Autocad preferred
Certifications: Lean Six Sigma
Salisbury, North Carolina, United States
Location/Region: Salisbury, NC (US - 28144)