Support Services Team Leader
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m., with on-call responsibilities
OVERVIEW OF POSITION DUTIES:
The Support Services Team Leader is responsible for overseeing all support services, including the social work, chaplaincy and bereavement programs which assist patients and families with social, emotional, and spiritual needs and practical problems relevant to advanced illness and death. The Support Services Team Leader works under the direction of and in cooperation with the Director of Clinical Services in carrying out the Hospice program by ensuring that all support services are operating within program guidelines and in accordance with patient and family plan of care. The team leader provides consultation and guidance to staff and other team members regarding significant social and emotional factors affecting a patient and family during illness and grief; supervises the overall medical social work component of the patient care program; oversees the bereavement and spiritual counselor areas of discipline; and ensures that regulatory requirements pertaining to each discipline are maintained.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Must be able to interact with patients, family members, visitors, co-workers, and medical staff under a variety of circumstances.
- Experience in medical social work and counseling.
- Experience in bereavement counseling is desirable.
- Ability to work with the team concept of patient/family care and to react in crisis situations interdependently.
- Ability to work interdependently.
- Ability to work well in a supervisory capacity.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and orally.
- Maintain current unrestricted North Carolina driver’s license and maintain minimum automobile liability insurance for the duration of employment.
Location/Region: Lexington, NC (US - 27292)