Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our residents.Essential Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome and greet residents and guests.
- Busing of dishes and general clean up.
- Answer questions and inform residents of specials and meal changes.
- Attend nightly meeting to review menu and department concerns.
- Ensure proper table setup.
- Make recommendations based on menu options.
- Clean dining room equipment.
- General knowledge of all special diets.
- Arrive on time and in uniform.
- Willingness and ability to perform the Heimlich Maneuver if designated for training by supervisor.
- Take food and beverage orders from residents, enter orders in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen and bar.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to residents in a timely manner.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Ensure residents are satisfied with food and service and respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, charge to proper account to make change (if applicable).
- Assist fellow servers, as situations arise
- Have availability to fill in, as needed, to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of Culinary Services.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- C.A.R.E. First! Centered Around Residents' Experience. Employee exemplifies this in all aspects of the job.
To see a full job description, click here
- Experience as a dining room server or waiter/waitress, preferred but not required.
- Servsafe or Tips preferred but not required.
- Must be able to read and write English, follow directions (oral and written) ,and communicate with residents and staff (oral and written).
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
Location/Region: Charlotte, NC (US - 28201)