At Visiting Angels - Catawba Valley, we strive to make every client a client for life.
When our Caregivers are happy, so are our Clients.
We reward individuals who are ready to work hard and enjoy taking care of others.
We realize that every single Caregiver is absolutely critical to our success.
Our promise is to keep delivering the same award winning service that our community has come to expect from us through the years. We are looking for daytime Caregivers who can work weekdays and some weekend days to support our team in helping Seniors stay in their homes. Benefits* Flexible Scheduling
* Paid Training * Bonus Program
* Overtime pay (time and a half) * Free Teledoc services for Caregivers and their families
Responsibilities* Help provide safety and companionship for mental health of the client
* Remind clients to take prescribed medication and assist clients with ambulation
* Help with mobility around the house or outside (doctor’s appointments, walks etc.)
* Plan and prepare meals and help with physical therapy exercises.
* Assist with client's errands and appointments outside the home
* Perform light housekeeping duties * Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
* Offer interesting activities for Seniors to enjoy that enhances their quality of life.
Qualifications* Enjoy working in a one-on-one setting, Continuously learn new skills
* Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations
* Valid driver’s license and transportation to work every single day
* Ability to act in a supportive manner
* Flexible availability and able to work different shifts
* Prior experience in a healthcare, hospitality, or in-home care environment (minimum of 1 year) a plus
* Willingness to enforce health and safety standards
* Being supportive, compassionate and patient are all a plus!
* High School Diploma or equivalent/Experience as a Caregiver
* Take pride in providing a loving environment for high quality care
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Hickory, NC (28601)