Employer (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. Employer offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
This position will focus on identifying performance solutions for the Global Field Operations organization. You will collaborate with business leaders across organizations to understand business goals and provide development strategies ensuring successful talent development alignment with business objectives. This role will serve as the Lead Talent Development Consultant for the delivery and evaluation of Outside Plant (OSP) performance solutions including: GPON, IPTV, and xDSL training.
- Lead the training delivery for specific technical training courses utilizing strong facilitation skills.
- Certifies other instructors on assigned materials by providing feedback on delivery style and knowledge necessary to instruct assigned courses.
- Ensures materials for assigned courses remain updated and proactively initiates necessary modifications.
- Assists Technical Training manager in evaluating effectiveness of assigned technical courses by obtaining and evaluating necessary metrics.
- Interacts with management regarding the performance of participants, providing recommendations concerning areas of improvement and/or development.
- Provides coaching and counseling to help employees apply new skills and knowledge on the job.
- Oversee the development of appropriate lab systems necessary to support developed technical curriculum.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen when recommending solutions to address performance concerns.
- 4+ years experience in training and development function
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, customer service skills are a must.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of OSP functions including: GPON, IPTV, and xDSL.
- Broad knowledge of performance consulting.
- 2+ years experience in direct people leadership positions, preferably within training or technical functions.
- Working collaboratively across departments to meet goals and objectives.
- Knowledge and understanding of instructor led and e-Learning solutions.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems preferably SuccessFactors.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Florida-Orlando; US-Georgia-Atlanta; US-North Carolina-Raleigh
Requisition #: 169417
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at Employer style="color:black">
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.