We are searching for an experienced Machine Operator (TL) 2nd Shift (2:00pm-12:30am) Mon-Thurs at our Asheville, NC facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Apply now for this unique opportunity in our Magnetic Tape Manufacturing Department!
Full Time, Monday through Thursday, 2pm – 12:30am schedule: Enjoy 3 day weekends while being part of a dynamic and driven team.
This position is best fitted for entry or advanced level operators that are wanting to learn new operations, multi-task, be a part of a goal oriented team, and build on advancement within their position. Advancement opportunities available for the self-driven candidate with specific achievements met. Overtime required on an as needed basis.
The primary responsibilities of the Magnetic Tape Machine Operator is to operate a variety of magnetic tapes on overlay adhering machines in the production process. These machines include roll to roll and roll to sheet mechanisms, various models and manufactures of machines. Overall responsibilities include: general machine operation, basic to advanced trouble shooting, quality control, and daily departmental duties.
- Prepare Machine for start of shift, which include necessary materials and paperwork.
- Perform duties necessary to operate machine and perform required tasks according to machine or position procedures.
- Complete simple, routine maintenance on machine to keep machine operational.
- Troubleshoot machinery for basic malfunctions and correct.
- Complete all necessary paperwork required for machine operated on for the position.
- Clean machines at end of shift to prepare for next workday or next shift.
- Clean and stock work area in preparation for next workday or shift.
- Labeling and packaging material. Assisting packaging area as directed.
- Perform measurement operations using tools including; Smartscope, calipers, and other verification devices.
- Perform quality checks as indicated.
- Perform these and other duties as assigned by supervisor or other appropriate management personnel.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic computer and mechanical abilities required.
Location/Region: Asheville, NC