EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
At NoveList, we believe that books and libraries have the power to transform lives. We develop innovative solutions for libraries that support them in helping readers and engaging their communities. We’re hiring a sales and marketing specialist who will help us communicate the value of our products and maximize the effectiveness of our sales teams.
This role would be ideal for a current/former librarian (or someone with experience in libraries), who is passionate about libraries but also has an interest in working outside a traditional library setting. In this role, you’ll research, identify and communicate with our customers (primarily public libraries and school libraries). You’ll be the consultant who helps them determine whether our solutions are a good match for their needs. You’ll also help our teams identify effective strategies. This is a support role, providing specialized expertise and advice, but not direct sales.
Since this position is about building relationships and helping others achieve their goals, we’re looking for a collaborative team player. You’ll be based in our small division located in Durham NC, but working every day with external customers, internal sales, and marketing teams within a larger company. This will be a rewarding job for someone who enjoys interacting with people, is passionate about libraries and reading, and has excellent communication skills.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone to:
• Introduce people to NoveList, communicating the passion and the expertise that goes into our products. You’ll need to be persuasive and enthusiastic.
• Advise customers on the features and benefits of our products, connecting their needs to our solutions. You’ll need to be able to advocate for our products.
• Advise sales teams on strategies and positioning for customers. You’ll need to be knowledgeable about the sales/marketing process.
• Develop strategies and plans for targeting top customers. You’ll need to be organized and good at follow-through.
• Make presentations to customers, both online and in person. You’ll need a warm, welcoming personality and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Work with sales and marketing teams to identify and qualify opportunities. You’ll need to be analytical and proactive.
• Follow up with customers, answering their questions. You’ll need to be detail-oriented and appreciative of the value of excellent record-keeping.
• Provide feedback to product development teams on potential enhancements. You’ll need to be able to listen and translate customer needs.
Bachelor’s degree in related field.
1 + year (s) experience working as a librarian, or in a library.
1 + year (s) experience working in a role related to sales, marketing, or communications.
Master’s degree in related field
Knowledge of NoveList’s products and services
Knowledge of readers’ advisory
Strong communication and presentation skills
Familiarity with webinar technology
Familiarity with CRM software
Familiarity with PowerPoint software
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Raleigh Job Segment:
Outside Sales, Direct Sales, CRM, Marketing, Sales, Technology Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Durham, NC (US)