Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID :11320
Employment Type :Full Time
Job Category :Information Technology
Work Location :Davidson, NC (CSC) - Remote
State or Province :North Carolina (US-NC)
Potential Work Location :
Engineer, Principal Digital Quality
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
Conducts more complex quality engineering tests and analysis to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. Performs automated and manual test case development and execution. Effectively Leads QE Teams for multiple enterprise projects
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Participate in all Agile ceremonies and work with onshore/offshore Agile QE and SCRUM Teams in an enterprise environment and represent QE Team
* Effectively lead multiple QE teams working on multiple enterprise Agile projects and report QE activities
* Work closely with project team, understand the requirements and design, develop, and execute test scenarios, test cases and automated test scripts using Selenium, Java, API automation using Postman, REST Assured.
* Author and execute Test Cases, Test Scenarios using Jira, Zephyr, HP ALM/QC
* Perform standalone and integration testing with internal IT applications.
* Identify application issues during testing and work with project team and internal IT staff to determine resolutions.
* Draft and revise advanced testing documentation (including test strategies, test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test schedule) and execute tests per established schedule and plan
* Create test data with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test application logic and verify system flow standalone and integrated with other internal IT applications
* Identify, recommend, and implement changes to enhance the effectiveness of quality assurance strategies.
* Generate test reports to show the health of the project and identify risks can come up with mitigation plans.
* Coach and mentor less-experienced quality engineers and act as team leader on system projects
* Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
* Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
*INDICATES ESSENTIAL DUTIES
To perform this job successfully an associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, experience level and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar area of study. Eight years of previous experience is required. Four additional years of related experience may substitute for the bachelor’s degree
8+ Years of hands-on experience with testing Web, Mobile applications using various web browsers, physical devices, and cloud device solutions or AS/400 applications
Hands on experience with Agile, DevOps Software Development methodologies
QE testing, system design, analysis, and troubleshooting
Hands-on experience in developing QE plans and test cases for eCommerce applications on premise and in cloud (GCP preferable)
Excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple projects
Understands project risk, particularly from a quality perspective.
AS/400, SAP, and Sales Force Platform (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud and CPQ) knowledge and experience.
Appium automation experience using Java
Data analysis skills
Query tools, SQL, and Toad
Why MSC? People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works. Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions. We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential.
When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, Associate Inclusion Circles: Women, Pride, Black, Veterans, HOLA and DisABLEd as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future. If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement: At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law. By applying to this job you agree to the Application and Acknowledgment Declaration terms. Click HERE to review.
Location/Region: Davidson, North Carolina